|See? Great scenery! Wait...|
Is that a port-a-potty?
1. The medal is a bottle opener. Need I say more?
2. You're running in a beautiful location. Not that we could really see it because it was (thankfully) overcast and misty most of the morning. But the background noise was the calming crash of waves and the scent of salt water was in the air. And as you can see (right) they thoughtfully put the photographers at particularly scenic locations.
3. Post-race Party? Great. Plenty of red beans & rice, beer (Land Shark), bagels and bananas at the finish line. I went back to run Goldilocks to the finish and her pace is a bit slower. We didn't hit the post-race party until 3+ hours after the start but there was still food & beer. Unfortunately for her, that's never a guarantee at her pace so we were psyched they didn't run out early. OH! And as a special bonus, everyone got laid at the finish line. Or is it lei'd? I always mix those up.
|Looks like I just jumped out of a pool|
1. It was HOT! A bank sign said was 74 degrees before sunrise on our way to the race. Plus a ga-jillion % humidity. I was sweating before we started. The webpage advertised that the average temperature at the start is 57 degrees. Liars.
|Goldilocks & I.|
*Note that my shorts are SOAKING and
plastered to my legs. SEXY!
3. No Gu <shrug> and the Gatorade was mixed SUPER strong. But with all that we were sweating this probably wasn't a bad thing. If you salted the rim & added tequila, we would have had some tasty margaritas. (I thought of it first! Don't try to steal credit!)
Good race. A bit pricey. Quiet. Great post-party.
|As an added bonus, this guy was labelled as me.|
Our numbers weren't even close.
Too bad I didn't get a picture of a male model...