February 3, 2011

Oops

It was an accident, I swear!

Ok, it wasn't an accident.  It was an intentional - yet possibly stupid - decision.  Only time will tell.  (Isn't that how addictions work?)  Hopefully it will involve some hilarities, a handful of goofy pictures and (*fingers crossed*) no injuries.

The one thing that makes me sad about this marathon is that it means I won't be in New Orleans to cheer on or run with my friends.  I know a handful of people doing the half and the full and I'll miss it.  As for the race itself, no love lost.  I ran it last year and I have to say that I liked it better when it was run by our local track club.  (Last year it became a Rock N' Roll event.)  I'm sure they will continue to improve the race - perhaps it's not fair to judge based on their inaugural year, but there you have it.  Plus, it's like a ga-zillion dollars to run  the Mardi Gras Marathon and paying for Mercedes even last minute was still cheaper than the early discount for New Orleans.  Ah well.  I'll definitely be thinking about my friends as I crawl the last miles in pain.

What do you have coming up?  Ever run Mercedes or Mardi Gras?

8 comments:

  1. You go girl! Go be awesome . . . and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh but you won't be able to buy your commemorative finishers plaque/sweater/license plate/DVD/guitar like you can at RnR events! (Rolls eyes)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I'm sure it isn't a bad thing, but a good thing to have registered. BTW, I tagged you for an award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ahve never signed up for a race less than two months. I envy your spontaniety. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did mardi gras last year and will be back again next week. i loved it :) but i didn’t’ run it before it was RNR so I don’t have anything to compare it to. I am not a fan of birmingham and really had no desire to run the race until i saw the medal :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for checking out my blog Jen! And, congratulations on your race registration!! Isn't it nice to have something to train for?!!

    Looking forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bling is worth bonking for! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete