December 2, 2010

Tired


1000 miles closer.  CIM is palpable at this point, only 2.5 days away.  I just arrived in Elko, NV after another long day of driving.  I checked the forecast for the weekend in Sacramento which predicts rain for most, if not all, of the race.  Bummer.  Still hoping to hit a PR, but 46 degree rain is not what I would have chosen.  Honestly, right now I'm too tired to think about it and I can't do anything about it anyway.  It'll be easier to stay positive tomorrow after a good night's sleep.

2 comments:

  1. I've been obsessively checking the weather, too, but it's not as bad as it sounds. Yes, it's raining here right now, but it's a very light rain. Both weather.com and accuweather.com are saying rain later in the day and there's only a 40% chance of rain at all. Wind speeds are very low and I'll take that 46 degrees over the 27 degrees of last year's race!
    Sleep well and drive safe - an awesome race awaits you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do get some rest! You'll do just fine in CIM - rain or not... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete