October 20, 2010

*Ouch*

The good news?  I found a possible swim coach.  The bad news?  This may hurt.

A fellow classmate of mine (with way more experience with both swimming & triathlons) helped me out today and watch me swim.  While she said that I'm starting off as a relatively good swimmer (yay!) I apparently have many ways I can improve.  On my own, I didn't really have any idea where to start, so someone who can give me direction is much appreciated.

Today we started off with a bunch of drills.  For some drill ideas, you can find ideas and proper technique in "Be Iron Fit" by Don Fink, which I've found helpful so far.  Each drill I did today breaks down the various movements you use while swimming to help you focus on each aspect of the motion.  At the end of the drills, you put it all together and focus on good overall technique.  Unfortunately, at this early stage of training, by the end of drills my technique tends to get sloppy because I'm tired.  But I'm working on it.  :)  Sometimes it feels good to hurt a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment